Friday, June 26, 2009

Me, Michael Jackson & The Radio Station


Today is really not a good day for me (at least da first half of it)...It is so surprising how one crude remark from a colleague can ruin your entire day (my day actually). It took me 5sec to realize dat I'm rather hurt by his remarks even though I know dat he meant it as a joke (really? doubtful..)....

It's rather embarrassing to admit dat what my colleague says could have whatever impact on me. But it really did. Suddenly remember ; "take everything positively", is what my father always say. Easy to say difficult to do lerrr...

We can choose to be reactive to our environment. If people treat us well, we will feel well, if they dont, we will feel bad & become defensive. But on da other hand, we can also choose to be proactive & not let our situation determine how we will feel. We are da one who choose how to react. Proactive people are driven by values dat are independent of how people treat them, or whatever happens around them. Our response to what happens to us affects us more than what actually happened (so true..)

OK all been said, decided to be proactive & take it positively! Yeay! My father's years of preaching has not been in vain & finally paid off.. :) (Abah, hope u are reading dis & be proud..haha..ala..menda cikai pon nk moody2..blah aa...huahua..) My father is a devotee to Stephen Covey's number 1 best seller book "7 habit of a highly effective people"...Which might explain how the first habit (Be proactive) has always stuck on my mind & almost implanted in my brain. But rarely practiced, to be honest..*sigh*..
Nevertheless, it took a trip to my baby's nursery & loads of Michael Jackson's songs to get me to be proactive..hu3...

On my way back to BM (around 30minutes after the 'incident'), stop by at Eryna's nursery which is just 5mins away from KHTP. She was sleeping & seeing her peaceful face is really relaxing & all my anger & worries just slip away. Seriously, I can just sit there whole day staring at her face (masa tgh tido la..klu die tgh bangun, mau die cakar2 muka mama ni..*wink*..) Suddenly feels really stupid for being angry at my colleague's remarks earlier..Portion of my anger has already gone by now..(it's nothing to be angry about to begin with..maybe I'm just being oversensitive?) ...:)

Have been listening to MJ's song along da way & by da time I reach BM, all my irritation has vanished & I'm almost my old self again..Yippee... Most of da radio stations have been playing MJ's song since early morning as a tribute to him. Be it hitz fm, fly fm, mix fm, etc, etc..I've been changing from one station to another station & it will be playing all of MJ's top song; Beat It, Earth Song, Thriller, Man in The Mirror (my fav song),Billie Jean, Bad, etc....

Heard on da radio dis morning, dis one caller have been crying from 6am until 11am++ since she heard da news of MJ departure. She even took an emergency leave today! (Well IMO, luckily tomorrow's weekend or else she might have to take another emergency leave, because of those red puffy eyes, cyring non-stop for almost 6hrs!)..Another caller said dat most of MJ songs has inspired him soo much & practically shaped him to what he is today...Wondering how can a song can give such an impact to one person?

Well, personally I'm not really a big fan of MJ. But I do admit dat he had such a great voice & I love most of his songs (yang top2 aje la..;p )...Find myself wondering, what izit about his songs dat took away all my tensions today? Izit da music? Or izit da lyrics? Errmm..I dont think so...But now I realized dat when I listen to his songs, it brings me back to da times where I was still young & there are not much things to worry about & just dance to da music..And dat's what really comforting about MJ's songs dat I hear today...Anybody shares da same feeling?

Rambling much today huh? *sigh*...

3 comments on "Me, Michael Jackson & The Radio Station"

ain on June 27, 2009 at 9:48 AM said...

akak suka 90/10 principle by stephen covey.

ku izrul said...

way to go sis..thats d spirit..try not to let d outside affect u eventhough its hard..u always have people around u who cares 4 u..

Mommy Eryna on June 30, 2009 at 4:27 PM said...

To K.Ain - Best ke 90/10 principle tu? Abah mcm pernah cite tp igt xigt jer...he3...xpe2 nnt blh try carik blk buku tu.. :)

To Adi (ku izrul) - TQ dearest brother!!! sometimes truly hard to stay positive..will keep on trying though.. ;)

 

A Flower in My Home Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez